Community College of Philadelphia
1700 Spring Garden Street, Philadelphia PA
The mint building, located at 1700 Spring Garden Street, was erected in 1901 and served as the largest mint in the area until it was surpassed by the mint currently in use in 1969. In 1971 the Community College of Philadelphia acquired the building and uses it for the continuing education of its students. Our project is to demolish the existing granite steps and rebuild them with new granite. Water intrusion had deteriorated the supporting walls beneath the granite stair treads causing many of them to drop slightly, requiring rebuilding the tops of the walls. We are expecting the project to be completed this winter with the installation of a new railing system.